I love to create unique pieces of jewelry that I hope you will enjoy for many years to come. An important step in ensuring your jewelry stands the test of time is proper care. I have put together a few simple tips to follow that will keep your treasures sparkling.
- Store your jewelry in a covered jewelry box or bag. Sun can cause damage and open air can accelerate tarnish buildup.
- Avoid storing your jewelry in the bathroom as moisture can be very damaging.
- Jewelry should the last thing that you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off at night. Do not apply beauty products such as perfume, hairspray etc., as certain chemicals can damage the finish of your jewelry.
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, washing dishes, working out or any activity where water may come in contact. Water can affect the finish of certain metals.
- When cleaning your jewelry use a soft polishing cloth. Sunshine polishing clothes are my favorite and are available through me if you need one. Please avoid liquid dip style cleaners.
- Storing your precious metal pieces in plastic bags will reduce tarnish however you never want to store genuine pearls in plastic as it can be damaging.
- Lay beaded necklaces flat to store.
- Try and keep pieces that have crystal or delicate components stored separately or without touching to prevent scratching. Little compartments in jewelry boxes are great for these pieces.
Please get in touch if you are not sure how best to clean or store your jewelry. Even with the best care accidents sometimes happen. I am happy to repair or replace any piece that is damaged. I am always so happy to see my creations find a loving home and I want you to love your jewelry for many years so I stand behind each piece that I make. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.